Meet The Team
Customer Services Manager
General Manager, Travtel
General Manager, Bontour Incoming
Business Development Manager, Hotels
Marketing and Development Manager
- C. I. Travel Group carries its 25,000th passenger on direct flights to the Spanish sun since FlyDirect became part of the CITG family in 2008.
- C. I. Travel Group’s brand, Bontour, launches direct city breaks to Florence and Prague in partnership with local airline Blue Islands.
- The group announces its support for the Donna Annand Melanoma Charity, a small Jersey based charity aiming to educate Islanders and Island visitors about the dangers of sun damage, how to spot early signs of melanoma and crucially to support and assist sufferers and their loved ones.
- C. I. Travel Group revealed new branding for Bontour Incoming, the Channel Islands’ Destination Management Company.
- Following the re-brand of Bontour, an exciting new collection of escorted tours and destinations was announced in early 2016.
- C. I. Travel Group provides accommodation booking services for over 2,000 competitors and visitors of the Dance World Cup, taking place in June.
- The group announces its support for BeachAbility, a charity providing specially-designed wheelchairs to those unable to walk, allowing them to enjoy Jersey's magnificent beaches.
- C. I. Travel Group provides accommodation booking services for over 3,000 competitors and visitors of the NatWest Island Games, taking place in June.
- C. I. Travel Group introduced direct flights from the Channel Islands to Tenerife, operating for the first time since 2009. Flights depart on a weekly basis between 12th February and 2nd April.
- C. I. Travel Group supported Holidays for Heroes Jersey, donating one pound for every booking travelling to Jersey during July and August.
- C. I. Travel Group signed an exclusive agreement with TUI Travel UK & Ireland, with preferred supplier status for three years.
- The group celebrated 30 years in business.
- Channel Islands Travel Service was re-named C. I. Travel Group, with Peter Drew becoming Chairman and Robert Mackenzie being appointed Managing Director.
- The group acquired Bontour, a well-known Jersey-based tour operator carrying about 7,500 Channel Island residents on holiday, mainly to France, and a destination management operation providing services to European tour operators.
- The group acquired Travtel, a Jersey-based tour operator specialising in groups, newspaper reader offers and coaching based holidays. Its 5,000 passenger programme fitted perfectly into the Channel Islands Travel Service stable.
- As part of the Travtel acquisition, the group gained FlyDirect, a Channel Islands brand selling direct flights and holidays from the islands to Majorca, Spain and Tenerife.
- Channel Islands Travel Service acquired Airways Holidays and Lewis's Holidays, a Liverpool-based tour operator. The brands are sold exclusively by travel agents and added significant volume to the group's existing business.
- Channel Islands Travel Service acquired 'Jersey from Humberside' (later renamed Jersey Choice), a small operator with a specialist 2,000 passenger business.
- The whole business grew substantially in the period 1985 to 2000, with Channel Islands Travel Service becoming one of the top three operators to Jersey at a time when there were over 20 licensed operators selling the Channel Islands.
- Channel Islands Travel Service expanded from being a travel service provider to a fully-fledged specialist tour operator.
- Channel Islands Travel Service was founded by Peter Drew, growing out of a previous travel company, OSL Channel Islands. 'CITS' provided travel booking services to accommodation providers across the Channel Islands.
C. I. Travel Group in Numbers
All of our package holidays are financially protected. Some single travel services available from us may not include financial protection.
C. I. Travel Group is a member of ABTA, meaning that you have the benefit of ABTA's assistance and Code of Conduct. Many of the travel arrangements that we sell are protected in case of the financial failure of the travel company. Please contact us if you would like to know more about the protection that applies to your booking.
ABTA and ABTA members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist when things don't go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA's Code of Conduct.
For more information on ABTA, the Code of Conduct and the arbitration scheme available to you if you have a complaint, please contact ABTA, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ. You can also call ABTA on 020 3117 0500, or visit www.abta.com.
All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays inbound to the Channel Islands are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.